Sandra Ligon Office of the Lawrence County Circuit Clerk
Skip navigation links
Absentee Voting
Civil Division
Child Support
Circuit Civil
District Civil
Domestic Relations
Protection from Abuse
Small Claims
Criminal Division
Traffic Court
Court Calendars
Jury Duty
Jury Duty Faq
Juror Reporting Information
Trial Participants
Sequence of Trial Events
Legal and Judicial Terms
Legal Services
Magistrates & Warrants
Passport Information
Child Support 

General contact information is available below for the Alabama Central Disbursement Division (ACDD) and Lawrence County's DHR center.

Alabama Central Disbursement Division Department of Human Resources
P.O. Box 4960
Montgomery, AL 36103-4960
Phone: 1-877-774-9513
Voice Response: 1-888-726-9799
Fax: (334) 954-5181
13280 AL Highway 157
Moulton, AL 35650
Phone: (256) 905-3100

   Once a Child Support case is filed, it takes an average of two weeks to be processed. It is given a case number, assigned a court date and issued for service on the defendant. The defendant must be served the paperwork before the case can proceed. Both parties will need to bring documents and be prepared to give testimony to back up your side of the case.

   If you are being represented by the Department of Human Resources, you will need to stay in contact with your case worker regarding your case. All notices regarding your case will be mailed to your case worker. If you are represented by a private attorney, you will need to stay in contact with him/her regarding your case. By law, we cannot give legal advice. If you need an attorney, you can contact one of the organizations listed.

   To change your address for child support payments, you must complete and mail a Change of Address form.(Change of Address and/or Name).We do not accept this information by phone.

   To notify the court of a change of employment, please complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Change of Employment form (A Notice of Change in Defendant's Employment and Request for Service). Please include a physical address of the employer. If the employer is out of state or all you have is a P.O. Box, you will need to prepare certified mail receipts and send a check or money order to the Circuit Clerk for $6.74 for non-restricted delivery or $11.89 for restricted delivery or the proper certified mail rate.”

  If all children in the court order have reached the age of majority (19), you can terminate the Income Withholding Order for Child Support, if no arrearage is owed. Complete and return to the Clerk's Office a Motion to Terminate the Income Withholding Order (Affidavit for Termination of Withholding Order for Support) along with a cashier's check or money order for $28.00. Once the Judge has signed the order to terminate, the employer will be notified to stop deductions.  (No personal checks)

Required Child Support Forms


Fee Chart


 Child Support Docket Fee  $138.00
 Subpoena Fee  $8.00
 Garnishments  $35.00
 Income Withholding and Termination Fee  $28.00